UHS JINGLE COMPOSITION CONTEST
I. Theme:“UHS: Kaagapay sa Malusog na Pagbabago”
II. Who may participate
A. The contest is open to all bonafide active UPLB undergraduate students (individual or group, and
enrolled for the 2nd semester of AY 2017).
B. To be eligible to join the contest, interested participants must:
1. Like the University Health Service, U.P. Los Baños facebook page
2. Like and share the post regarding the UHS Jingle Composition Contest.
C. Employees of the Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Community Affairs (OVCCA) and its sub-units, and
their relatives up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity are not qualified to join the contest.
III. Song Mechanics
A. The song entry must bear the theme “UHS: Kaagapay sa Malusogna Pagbabago”.
B. The jingle must be originally written and arranged in Filipino. No part of the lyrics should be copied
from lines of other songs, or infringe on any copyright or any other rights of any third party. The UHS
shall not be liable for any claims inconsistent with the aforementioned.
C. The entire duration of the jingle must be 1 to 3 minutes only.
D. No indecent and offensive words must be used.
E. The cost of interpreting, performing, and recording the song entry, and other expenses related to the
contest including the use of musical instruments shall be shouldered by the participating parties.
F. The winner must waive his/her rights of his/her winning entry in favor of the UHS for general
publication, promotional use, and other purposes deemed necessary, with proper and due
acknowledgement and recognition of the winning participant.
G. Participants who did not adhere to these conditions will automatically be disqualified.
IV. Submission of Entries
A. The contest shall run from March 1 to June 30, 2017.
B. Song entries must be submittedin CDs. One (1) CD must contain one (1) song only, indicating the
title of the song on the case and on the CD itself. The name of the songwriter/s must not be indicated
for anonymity during judging.
C. Each entry must include a printed copy of the song without the name of songwriter/s.
D. More than one (1) entry per person or group will be accepted. The entry should include the following:
1. Accomplished official entry form (to download, go to www.uplb.edu.ph under Access
myUPLB – University Health Service); and,
2. A photocopy of the most recent UPLB Form 5 of the individual and all group participants and
contributors, as proof of registration.
E. Submission of entries should not be later than June 30, 2017, Friday at 12 noon. All entries and
requirements must be placed in a short brown envelope indicating the title of the contest — UHS
JINGLE COMPOSITION CONTEST, and mailed or handed to:
Ms. Desiree P. Reyes, RND
Dietary Section, Rm. 121
University Health Service
D.M. Lantican Avenue, UP Los Baños
V. Judging of Entries
1. All entries shall be judged in July 2017.
2. Criteria for judging:
• Originality and Creativity (technique and skill) 25%
• Melody (recall, strength, rhythm, and harmony) 25%
• Lyrics (appropriateness of message to theme) 30%
• Overall impact 20%
3. The decision of the board of judges is considered final and irrevocable.
1. Cash prize awaits the winner.
2. The winner will be notified through e-mail and phone call. Non-winners shall no longer be informed.
Awarding of the winner will be held during the UHS Hospital Day on August 25, 2017 at 4:00 pm. After
which, there will be a live performance of the winning entry.